Today in Physics 201 we looked at the motion diagrams posted on the New York Times website as an introduction to 1-D motion.
Then I challenged the class to make their own motion diagrams using a blinking LED on an arduino captured with a long exposure photo. My idea was to use the exercise as way to have a goal, try something out, analyze the results and iterate until reaching the desired outcome. I think it worked all right, but I wish we had more time.
In Physics 110 we introduced ourselves to each other and then started getting into the basic physics material. I passed out the syllabus and went through that.
We got all the way through the first "mini-lab" I had set up, which was finding the acceleration of the IOLab carts going down a small ramp. I realized as the class was doing the lab that I have no idea how to save the data. Oops. Going to need to figure that out!